Sunday, December 23, 2012

Anti-disfeminism

"A woman's loyalty is tested when she has nothing; a man's loyalty is tested when he has everything."
--Some idiot

I disagree. A woman's loyalty is also tested when she has everything. Enough with the cheap prostitution assumptions. Just because a woman has nothing does not mean she will give submit her body to any and everyone. But then as long as that option is there, a woman never really has nothing, doesn't she now? Ha!
But seriously, all respect to feminists, for I am not one of them, it's cheap to think that way. Plain cheap. Yes I'm not feminist. I may believe in equal rights but I do not believe men and women were made equally. Rights, yet. Think about it this way: just because i am short and my sister is tall doesn't mean we cannot go to the same school. It's like that joke, you know the one with women chanting, "Equality, equality!" then "you can't punch me in the face I'm a girl!" That, I agree with. I will ask for a man's help every time i need it. When i need to reach that high shelf, when i don't want to walk to my car alone, when there's a phone number harassing me and i need a stern voice to answer it, and so on and so forth. It's not that we live in the jungle and need some Tarzan firugre for every task that takes a tiny bicep, but admit it, men are useful. They can do things that women can't, they can definitely do things that I can't. And I hate that instead of giving them credit for it, we as a gender, sometimes go off and complain that we are just as strong. We're not. It's not even about strength. It's just a difference in capabilities. And I said difference. they're not more capable, and we aren't less capable. It's just different. Let's see a man get what he wants every single time without raising his voice once. See? We're not so weak.
That quote gets to me though because it portrays women as helpless, and men as gluttonous. And neither are like that. Okay at least not all of them.

No comments:

Post a Comment