Wednesday, December 26, 2012

Curiosity gave the cat insomnia

Thought i was about ready to shut down for the day. But no. Just got an interesting call from my aunt. I didn't actually get the call. I called my cousin this late at night to ask her what went down at her very important doctor's appointment. On television a woman says she's crying but doesn't sound like it. Anyway, i chatted with my cousin for a few minutes and found out that her appointment was postponed so there really wasn't much news.
But then my aunt took the phone. And after the hellos and how are your and the very subtle tone of pity that i've become exceptionally talented at picking up, she hits me with what will keep my up all night. She asked me for an hour to an hour and a half of my time this weekend because she wants to take me somewhere. And she wouldn't say where and wouldn't budge. And she said that everyone whom she tells she will take always keep asking where. But she never gives in and they never guess right.
My brain is turning like the steam engine on a clock, if a clock had a steam engine.
On the one hand, i'm slightly excited. on the other, I'm furious. why would you go telling me something that you don't want me to know three days before you want me to know it? Even in high school this attitude pissed me off, this, "i am going to tell you something later today." If you're going to tell me something, tell me something. Don't tell me you're going to tell me something.
And now my news talk show is ending. And i don't think i will stay up later enough to begin a movie now. And i have no idea where my aunt is taking me this weekend.
And i miss you.
Goodnight



No comments:

Post a Comment