Wednesday, December 26, 2012

"Get found, kid!"

I've just started reading Robert Fulghum's All I Really Need to Know I Learned in Kindergarten. Thoroughly enjoying its quirky wisdom.
I came across a passage that made me stop, look up, and thing, "Oh my God Robert Fulghum is in my head!" Seriously. It scared me. But it also reassured me to realize that, if Fulghum wrote it, then I'm definitely not the only one feeling this way. That what is very frightening, is very normal.
On kids who hide really well in the game of Hide and Seek so are rarely found, Fulghum writes:
     
     "Getting found would have kept him in the game, Hide-and-Seek, grown up style. Wanting to hide. Needing to be sought. Confused about being found. 'I don't want anyone to know.' 'What will people thing?' 'I don't want to bother anyone.'"

Maybe not so much the what will people think part. They can think, not think, scratch their heads or ass for all i care. But confused about being found; wanting to hide; and most of all, needing to be sought.


No comments:

Post a Comment