Sunday, January 27, 2013

being sick

Confession: sometimes i love being sick. I don't love the headaches nor the teary eyes nor the head that weighs a ton, no not all that. But i love the feeling that, right now, nothing is more important than rest. It's not laziness, rather bringing yourself, your body and its wellbeing first. I love that it is okay to just sit there and do nothing because it is what you need to do not what you want. I love the idleness of having no one bother you, of ignoring the phone, the television, the computer, and anything that would take up an extra little piece of your already tired head. I love the fatigue that is not rushed. It is so much easier just to get better slowly, without whining to your body and demanding it pick itself up. Most of all, i love the tea with lemon and honey. Cumin too, if necessary. I am not one of those anti-pill herb advocates. I love the chemicals. I have become somewhat good in mixing cold medication for the best results. Of course i do not dare try out these little wellness experiments on anyone but myself.
I love the bed and its warmth and how it can absorb the symptoms of a virus. That is quite a disgusting picture, i didn't mean for it to sound like that. But, a bed really is the best cold medicine.
I love being taken care of. And i will terribly miss being taken care of. I will miss it so much that i might not like being sick anymore. 

No comments:

Post a Comment