Saturday, January 5, 2013

running shoes

My running shoes are blue, almost electric blue, Nikes. They're really comfortable. I picked them up at a German sports store a few months back. they have a bunch of gray lines going down the sides in some geometric design. the laces are blue too and the soles are white. they were on discount, marked about thirty percent down.
I have a favorite picture of the shoes. I was at a big park in a little German city. I had just finished a short run and found a secluded bench right in front of the lake. There were always people riding little rowing boats in that lake. there were ducks too. All of it was very picturesque. Most of those in the row boats were incredibly cute older couples. I want to be part of that couple that still boats with gray hair. Anyway, that bench was my favorite. It was almost hidden from the rest of the park but had a perfect view of the lake. My legs were too short but i could just barely sit on the park bench and put my feet up on the fence in front of it. The fence was needed as the ground was a good three meters higher than the water in that place.
So i sat there and put my feet up and looked at the old couple who happened to be there rowing. The man was rowing and the woman was reading. It made me think how they lived their life in order to be able to reach such peace. I looked at my shoes and took a picture with my phone. Then i added a filter so now the picture looks really cool. I don't like to look at it these days though. It reminds me of a time when i thought my life was as pleasant as the lake and the rowing boats. The pleasantness and the lake and the boats are now long gone. But my favorite shoes are still here. In fact, I'm staring right at them. 

No comments:

Post a Comment