Sunday, January 6, 2013

Wisdomless almost

I went to see my dentist today. i'd taken this appointment over a week ago. i knew he was going to take out one of my two remaining wisdom teeth. I cried like a child. It didn't really hurt, i only slightly felt the anesthesia shots. But for some reason i get terribly nervous and anxious at the dentist's. I've been going to the same one since i was a kid. He's responsible for my very well concealed fake tooth. He was also the one to take out my two bottom wisdom teeth. Those we much worse. Second one, in particular, was a long, irritating process as the little fucker was rooted in sideways. I really do like my dentist. He's the one consistent family doctor we all go to. He even came to visit us in Germany last March. Nice guy. His clinic is immaculate. Really, the cleanest i have ever seen around here and more sterilized that an operating room. Well, it kind of is an operating room. He is German educated, trained, and certified, that explains some. He's got two or three examination and operating rooms in there. It's a small big deal.
It's raining and windy all of the sudden today. It was almost going to be late, and that is not good because his appointments are on the dot, but i wasn't. Only one street had much traffic and i easily found parking. I do not know if this is because of the weird weather or because tomorrow is a holiday. Either reason worked for my benefit. It is so clean that i have to wear those plastic shoes over my trainers. That clinic is the only place in this entire country that i've had to put on those shoes. All the door knobs are covered with a rubbery removable looking plastic. As i said, it's very clean (even though the building it is in is filthy, explains the plastic shoe covers).
The whole process took about twenty minutes. I was surprised when he was done, i thought i would be in there longer. He stuck one of those little square cotton thingies in my mouth and told me to keep pressing on it for two hours. Then change it and press again. It's slightly irritating. I want to have some tea but not through a straw. It's good though because at least i can get away with not talking to anyone for the rest of the day. Because, you know, i have to keep my mouth tightly shut. I do, i have to.

No comments:

Post a Comment