Friday, August 21, 2009

Lord give me a sign

I once read on PostSecret someone confessing that he/she didnt find comfort at church or in the Bible, but instead in found it in the music of tupac and such; so thats where they sought God.
I am not saying the same is true for me, not at all. But I AM a firm believer in seeking God where it is most comfortable. Where you can connect. Be it through the Quran, prayer, music, nature, art, etc.
I love how the simplest of things can be so deep. DMX rapping for example. i find comfort in this; take a look at the parts of the lyrics if u dont already know them

Lord Give me a Sign!
I really need to talk to you Lord
Since the last time we talked the walk has been hard
Now I know you havent left me
But I feel like I'm alone
Im a big boy now but I'm still not grown

Let me know whats on your mind
Let me know what I'm gone find
Its all the time
Show me how to teach the mind
Show me how to reach the blind
Lord give me a sign!

Show me what I gots to do
To bring me closer to you
Cuz I'm gonna go through
What ever you want me to
Just let me know what to do
Lord give me a sign!

I have never heard something that explained exactly how i felt right now. At least not in a very long time. Especially "coz im gonna go through whatever you want me to just let me know what to do"

Its so weird that im getting hooked on this right before Ramadan, but hey, its getting me to think about stuff. And you know what? i think thats what God wants us to do. Find Him in our own way. Ok maybe He doesnt want that but i doubt He minds.

No comments:

Post a Comment