Tuesday, December 8, 2009

opportunity cost

Tonight a lot of my friends are going to some fashion show event. I was going. I am in the mood to dress up and talk to a lot of people. So it would have been perfect.
But i didn't go because i have class. Ironically, it's an economics class, so talk about opportunity cost. I chose to go back to school for a master's degree. I chose to be here and i love it. But on nights like this i can't help but to think why the hell i do what i do.
I've had a full day of work, a prolonged advising session, a research session, and now class. I want to go home shower and change and be pretty and go out.
Im not complaining but it's times like this that remind me that nothing comes free. We may want it all but we can't have it. We're lucky to have most of it though.
This is where the stuff we hear and read comes true, like "you gotta set your priorities straight."
I don't have much experience in anything, but this i can say out of experience: make your own choices and make sure you are at peace with them. Whatever it is we choose to do, we'll be missing out on something else. Make those choices so that what you're missing out on is less appealing than what you are doing.

1 comment: