Tuesday, June 22, 2010

almost movie moment

so today i was in my army-like workout outfit at the gym, all with the gloves ipod arm strap, long ponytail, the whole show. Two minutes after i walked into the gym, i spot the one guy my entire high school female population crushed on for so many years. Said guy was looking as gorgeous as ever. i watched from a distance until i felt like a creepy stalker and had to stop staring.

aaaanyway, shortly thereafter our paths crossed. and that was [supposed to be] my movie moment.

i flung the ponytail ever so dramatically, getting ready to look up and smile and give a casual hello and act like my nerves weren't in shock and my heart wasn't skipping several beats. i could swear background, hollywood movie type music was a soundtrack playing in the background. everyone else seemed to disappear. i got dreamy like a teenage girl.

Right then, just as if on cue, some overdressed, over made-up, clumsy idiot banged her right dumbbell on my left shoulder. My moment was gone. I screamed in pain while she apologized at a million words per second rate. When the shock of the pain was gone, so was he. So much for my movie moment. Maybe next time, if i don't act like such a teenager, i'll learn to lookout for idiots playing with heavy dumbbells.

No comments:

Post a Comment