Tuesday, February 16, 2010

mind on my money, money on my mind

Do you ever think about spending habits? i didn't used to but now i do
now that i work for a salary and try to save, rarely succeeding, and finding my salary deposit amount empty before mid-month, i gotta stop and ask myself where the money goes
trying to remember what the past two weeks have been like, i don't remember overspending on anything. but that's not the issue here, what I'm trying to understand is the way we spend.
everything is relatively cheap in cairo, even car gas, so where does our money go? yes i do tend to drift off at the hairdresser's and end up buying hundreds of pounds worth of products whenever i go. yes, i like overpriced coffee and drink it almost everyday, et cetera. but none of that should result in the rapid depletion of my account month after month.
i almost think i should start writing down everything i spend. but im not that neurotic yet.
its times like these i am slightly thankful to live in a male-dominant society. Even though i choose too, it will never be expected of me to fully support a home. that would be a nightmare. i don't know how our fathers did it, they are heroes for providing for us and even bigger heroes for not hating us when they do and when we carelessly spend their money.


No comments:

Post a Comment