Sunday, October 11, 2009

bit of nostalgia

recently i've taken up staying up late to watch episodes of my favorite shows, some of which i download and more of which i rip off Eurekaisms. She got me hooked on Glee. If you don't watch it you should. It's so childishly silly, uplifting, colorifying (i just made up that word coz it describes what i mean), and overall happy. It'll definitely get you singing along. I've gone as far as tracking down and downloading the songs as performed by the Glee cast.

It and a bunch of other shows and movies (ex. i just watched 17 Again a few days ago) has definitely got me missing high school. I had a blast in high school. I never really had the 'omg im graduating im gonna miss this i don't wanna grow up and leave school' drama. it's not that it's dawning upon me now, i just miss it a bit. I miss that our biggest worry was the halloween dance turnout.

Excuse my AIS lingo here if u didn't go to school with me... i miss how we preferred green area dances to the auditorium ones. i miss how we had to have bathroom passes. i miss hearing dr. horton's heels in the highway (this one goes way back). i miss cheering for the panthers, there's one particular chant thats been in my head for two days

one, we are the panthers
two, a lil bit louder
three, come on lets hear it
four, more more more more
(or something like that)

i miss the funky chicken. i miss Mr. Paulson and Mr. Green. I MISS MUN TERRIBLY. i miss the art rooms. i miss struggling to memorize a locker combination. i miss mrs. nawara in the cafeteria. i miss SimCity. i miss being able to get out of bed at 7:00am. i miss the tired passing out during the car ride at 3:00. i miss the weekly announcements sheet. i miss dress up days, especially spirit week. i miss taking the first look at new students guessing which group they'll fit with. i miss the moment the seniors finished exams, and we the juniors became the seniors. i miss when classes, and everything else, were decided for you and all you had to do is follow the rules and you would end up just fine.

No comments:

Post a Comment