Wednesday, October 14, 2009

working with women

I'm starting to hate working with women. Sadly, it is true what guys say/think: women spend too much time on emotion and that lingers our work schedule.
Example: a few hours ago things were very hectic at work. I was running around from place to place trying to get things done before our short day ends. I walk out of my office to and find a support-staff employee in tears right outside. Now this particular one is one of my favorites, she's great at what she does, she wants to learn, and she learns quickly. Anyway, she was crying. I stopped for a moment, asked what's wrong, i didn't get an answer, i walked away.
Then just for a minute i felt guilty for walking away. i thought that i should've let her in and tried to make her feel better. But the minute passed and i didn't feel guilty anymore.
I'll say what is always said: We're running a business here. We all have our sensitivities and there are days when i want to cry and receive a hug so i can go back to work. But this isn't the way work works.
You see, when i asked her, "what's wrong?" she should have told me and not just waited for me to pry. You don't wanna say, fine, i don't have the time for this. Of course i could have wasted a minute or two, but i just didn't want to. I am growing in belief that women seriously need to toughen up. It turned out she was in tears because our Big Guy gave her a few harsh words, in a loud voice. If anything i think she was in shock. But i say, if you want to be taken seriously you will have to accept the ups and the downs of the workplace. It is not all applause and a problem or two to solve and a task or two to complete. The office can be a very rough place sometimes, very rough. And we females gotta 'man up' for it.
I want to go places, i have a plan. I am not about to let some emotion come in the way of that. And no female should either. They speak of gender equality bullshit, when was the last time you saw a man in tears at work?
A few weeks ago i was in my brother/boss' office and he was venting out on me, "I'm sick of working with women!" Right now, i totally get what he means.

No comments:

Post a Comment