Sunday, September 13, 2009

reaching 24 materialistic-ly

so... i wanted to blog about my birthday, and my initial attempt was to write about how it feels turning 24 and all. But it doesn't feel anything. I feel 23, if not younger.

So i'll write about my actually birthday. Had a GREAT one this year, wasn't expecting it. Family fitar went smoother than anticipated (have the time spent trying to set up my new toy, listed below). Friends' sohour was great. I had wanted a cozier birthday setting but it turned out just perfect.

Anyway, i won't describe everything that took place because that will be boring and im hoping people still read this.

Here's what i got for my birthday (a bit of show off, bear with me), in order of appearance:

1. My fabulous Macbook (got it last June but still for bday)
2. the coolest portable ipod speakers, smaller than a tennis ball
3. cutest charm bracelet; never taking it off :) the timing i got it symbolizes the start of a happy new year
4. an new LCD tv (LG- life's good!) how ironic...
5. a Wii Fit!!!
6. awesome Satellite earrings; new collection, handpicked
7. Me-style earrings and scarf. very much me-style
8. new sunglasses! yet to be picked.. can't wait to grab some Barton Perreiras or Tom Fords!
9. two new reads from an intellectual friend, in attempt to feed my own intellectual ego
... and still on the way
10. a new carpet for my room in attempt to make it seem not-so-lived-in-and-ugly
11. a new Blackberry! mine's been dying for six months. this particular bday present only awaits my communist mind to decide i want to make someone spend so much on a phone i already have. See? I'm thoughtful!

All in all i had a fantastic birthday, I'm not bitter over 24 anymore.
I'm blessed with a young spirit and that's always what's going to count.

4 comments:

  1. u make me feel like u turned 90 but u r aging gracefully
    if u r using the word bitter at 24 goodluck to u on ur 40s
    and happy bday mona
    luv u :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. tous at 24 im acting 14 so at 40 i'll still be acting 24. not bitter :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. i think it the youngest chid syndrome
    we will always be babies

    ReplyDelete