Sunday, September 13, 2009

weighing the pros and cons

Here's the thing, I've started work on my master's degree. I was originally aiming for an MBA. due to circumstances, mostly my own mathematical stupidity, I did not score well on the MBA program admission exam (a.k.a. sucky gmat). So I enrolled in another program, a Master's in Public Policy and Administration (management and policy making for institutions, rather than corporations).

I love the program and envision a very bright future for it. Face it, everyone has an MBA. It's getting to be less and less of an added value. I don't want to blend in to the faces without names. On the other hand, the MPPA is still a fresh product. Its market is not yet saturated. Much demand remains for little supply.

Again, I try not to bore you with insignificant details, but I do have to blurt a few things out.

Passing on an MBA means avoiding accounting and finance classes that I 1. am too numerically challenged to take anyway and 2. hate

BUT, in an MPPA SORT OF.. JUST SORT OF feels like an MBA with dyslexia.

I really don't know what to do. I'll start by re-taking the gmat. Thanks for listening

No comments:

Post a Comment