Friday, September 25, 2009

want to fly but can't even write

i feel like i have a lot to say but i can't find the words. i miss posting here, it's been almost a week.

today i learned to appreciate my comfort zone. driving back to Cairo from Gouna, as soon as i got on the ring road i felt safer. Cairo IS my comfort zone, heliopolis is home, and home bears all the familiarity of my messy room.

A few hours later i went out with friends, who i then figured are, too, my comfort. Maybe we were missing 3 or 4 people but i appreciated that everyone in tonight's crowd i felt safe around. It's so funny how with someone people we can just let go and be ourselves in all our charm and foolishness alike. But then with others i am forced to set up barriers of cement walls.

I am sorry i wish i had something more interesting to post. I DO have stuff to say but i can't find the words. not tonight.

i'll leave u with lyrics to appreciate, like i always do when i fail to write. I'll let someone else do the talking for me.

Just one thing though, when you listen to the song below notice the line "and when the kids are old enough we'll teach them to fly, you and me together we can do anything." it's perfect. that's what i want to write about, about how i want to believe i can do anything even teach someone how to fly.






No comments:

Post a Comment